We are a dedicated and experienced team of qualified professionals, able to provide both permitted and non-permitted work under the BC Heritage Conservation Act (HCA) in order to meet the needs of our clients. We are committed to providing top-quality, professional, timely, and cost-efficient support and services to all of our clients.
The archaeology branch of Nupqu is integrated with the other 5 divisions of the organization. This collaboration provides a tightly organized administration system for efficient and fiscally responsible operations, in addition to a broad spectrum of support, expertise, and knowledge within the organization itself. We are able to provide a broad suite of services, tailored to meet our clients’ individual environmental and business needs.
Most importantly, we are committed to providing top-quality, professional, timely, and cost-efficient support and services to all of our clients.
We offer both permitted and non-permitted work to meet every need of our clients. We employ several permit holding archaeologists, accredited by the British Columbia Archaeology Branch. All permittable archaeologists are able to hold the following permit types:
HCA Section 12(2) Heritage Inspection Permits
HCA Section 12(4) Site Alteration Permits
Below is a list of the services commonly provided:
- Archaeological Overview Assessments (AOAs)
- Archaeological Impact Assessments (AIAs)
- Preliminary Field Reconnaissance (PFRs)
- Site Alteration Assessments & Archaeological Site Monitoring
- Archaeological & Cultural Heritage Research
- Public Interpretive Programs & Classroom Presentations
Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Site Surveys & Data Collection
- Spatial/Data Analysis
- 3D & Digital Elevation Modelling
- Map Productions
- Cartography & Digitizing
- Data Conversion
- Database Design & Management