Environmental Project Manager
Nupqu Resource Limited Partnership, associated with Ktunaxa Enterprises Ltd, is a growing First Nations owned business. With offices in Cranbrook, Castlegar and Fernie, BC, Nupqu conducts a wide variety of work: providing environmental, biological, archaeological, forestry, contract management and safety related consulting services to a variety of clients throughout the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory. We are currently seeking highly motivated, organized, and responsible individual to join our team in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
This position will consist of full-time employment managed out of the Castlegar, BC office while supporting our other operations needs. The successful candidate should have relevant experience and qualifications which align with the roles and responsibilities outlined below.
· Create project plans and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
· Coordinate staff and cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on efficient project execution.
· Lead or participate in, the overall development and management for request for proposals (RFP) to secure additional and/or new business.
· Assign and monitor work of project staff, provide leadership, technical support and direction when necessary.
· Participate in performance reviews and exit interviews reviews where appropriate.
· Work with the employees including Field Crew Supervisors to resolve disciplinary issues and escalate to Human Resources Manager and General Manager as appropriate.
· Develop and deliver progress, quarterly, and annual project reporting internally and to clients.
· Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
· Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality, regulation and customer satisfaction.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary, as directed by the General Manager.
· A post-Secondary Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Biological Sciences, Engineering, or related Environmental Discipline
· Currently registered or eligible for registration with a Professional Association
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum five (5) years project management experience related to Environmental
Management, Environmental Monitoring, Assessments, Regulatory Compliance
· Experience within the disciplines of wildlife management, aquatic resources, water
resource management and hydrology
· Working in Industrial settings (Mining, Hydro Dams, Pipelines, Construction)
· Strong understanding of applicable provincial and federal environmental regulations including; legislation, Acts, BMP`s and other applicable permitting
· Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Billquick and ESRI software platforms
· Strong sense of accountability to results with the capacity to seek assistance
· Can adhere to the Six Nupqu Values: Respect, Safety, Leadership, Integrity, Culture, Stewardship
· Ability to organize, handle and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
· Strong client relations skills with the ability to communicate on a technical and logistical level
· Self-motivated with strong ability to take initiative in a dynamic work environment
· Excellent reasoning skills with the ability to manage change and solve problems effectively
· Team player, working closely with Managers and staff in an effective supervisory role, building a team that works together towards the continued success of the company
· Effective communication skills – oral, written & interpersonal
The Project Manager position is based out of an office setting but will also require periodic field work. Office work will require extended periods of sitting and extended periods of computer and office equipment use, which can cause muscle strain. Some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time is also required. Field work will entail travelling to the field site and conducting duties as required in terms of site supervision, field crew support and client engagement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com