Registered Forestry Technician RFT
Nupqu Resource LP is a growing business proudly owned by member bands of the Ktunaxa Nation since 1996. With offices in Cranbrook, and Fernie, BC, Nupqu manages timber tenures, resource management contracts and provides consulting services throughout the Kootenay Region of British Columbia. We are currently seeking highly motivated, organized and responsible individuals to join our team in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
These positions are required immediately and will include a combination of field and office based work in many aspects of forestry resource management and consulting. These are temporary full time positions based out of Cranbrook. The successful candidates should have the following experience and qualifications:
· Field and office experience in activities such as timber reconnaissance, full-phase cutblock development, DGPS traversing, Site Plan data collection and timber cruising.
· Experience in GIS and forestry-based software platforms (ArcGIS, Avenza), including LiDAR interpretation is considered an asset.
· Experience in road layout and design is considered an asset.
· Competence with various computer programs (MS Office – Excel and Word, CruiseMate, CompMate software).
· Proven oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
· Self-motivated and safety-oriented team player.
· Experienced in leading a field crew.
· Willing to work outdoors, year-round, at times during inclement weather and mountainous terrain.
Preference will be given to someone registered or enrolled with the Association of BC Forest Professionals or those eligible to enroll with the ABCFP or a minimum of 2 to 3 years of forestry experience.
Nupqu offers competitive salaries and benefits. Please submit your cover letter and resume marked “Forestry Technician – Confidential” to HR Manager at: email@example.com
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Deadline Feb 23, 2022 at 7am MST
Thank you to all those applicants that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org