Project Manager – Safety/Contract Management
Nupqu Resource Limited Partnership (Nupqu) is a Ktunaxa-owned business associated with Ktunaxa Enterprises Ltd (KEL). With offices in Cranbrook, Fernie and Castlegar, BC, Nupqu conducts a wide variety of work: providing forestry, environmental, archaeology, contract management, safety and general labour related consulting and contracting services to many clients throughout the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory. We are currently seeking highly motivated, organized, and responsible individual to join our team in a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
A Project Manager is responsible and accountable for the projects they manage and the employees working within those projects. This includes the entire project timeline: project scoping and resourcing, estimation, proposal submission, project execution, invoicing and budget control, feedback and wrap up. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
This position will consist of full-time permanent employment based out of the Cranbrook office. The successful candidate should look to have relevant experience and qualifications which align with the roles and responsibilities outlined below:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create project plans and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
· Coordinate staff and cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on efficient project execution.
· Lead or participate in, the overall development and management for request for proposals (RFP) to secure additional and/or new business.
· Assign and monitor work of project staff, provide leadership, technical support and direction when necessary.
· Supporting the maintenance and management of relevant equipment including ETV/MTC’s
· Participate in performance reviews and exit interviews reviews where appropriate
· Work with employees, including field crew leaders to support employees, promote their development, resolve disciplinary issues and escalate to Human Resources Manager and Operations Manager as appropriate.
· Develop and deliver progress, quarterly, and annual project reporting internally and to clients.
· Collaborate across management and project teams to share resources, align expectations, expand services, and potential business opportunities.
· Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality, regulation and customer satisfaction.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary, as directed by the Operations Manager.
· A post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a Technical Field
· Designation with a Professional Association, including CSO, IH, COH, NCSO, CRSP
· Level 3 First Aid
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum five (5) years project management experience related to Safety Management and Contractor Management
· Working in a Mine Safety Environment, overseeing safety management of projects and contractors.
· Strong understanding of applicable BC Worksafe regulations
· Experience working in an Emergency responder role
· Experience in managing small civil construction projects (>$1M), specifically in completing procurement management, subcontractor management, proposal work
· Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Billquick
· Strong sense of accountability to results with the capacity to seek assistance when required in a timely manner
· Can adhere to the values of Nupqu/KEL: Respect, Safety, Leadership, Integrity, Unity, Strength, Accountability, Stewardship
· Ability to organize, handle and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
· Strong client relations skills with the ability to communicate on a technical and logistical level
· Self-motivated with strong ability to take initiative in a dynamic work environment
· Excellent reasoning skills with the ability to manage change and solve problems effectively
· Team player, working closely with Managers and staff in an effective supervisory role, building a team that works together towards the continued success of the company
· Effective communication skills – oral, written & interpersonal
The Project Manager position is based out of an office setting but will also require periodic field work. Office work will require extended periods of sitting and extended periods of computer and office equipment use, which can cause muscle strain. Some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time is also required. Field work will entail travelling to the field site and conducting duties as required in terms of site supervision, field crew support and client engagement.
· Occasionally travel to other satellite offices as well as field operations within the Ktunaxa Territory.
Nupqu offers highly competitive wages and benefit packages. Please submit your cover letter and resume marked “Project Manager Safety/Contract Management – Confidential” to our Human Resource Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 15, 2021 8:30am MST
Thank you to all those applicants that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com