Nupqu Resource Limited Partnership, associated with Ktunaxa Enterprises Ltd, is a growing First Nations owned business. With offices in Cranbrook, Castlegar and Fernie, BC, Nupqu conducts a wide variety of work: providing environmental, biological, archaeological, forestry, contract management and safety related consulting services to a variety of clients throughout the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory. We are currently seeking highly motivated, organized, and responsible individual to join our team in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
These positions will consist of up to full time employment managed out of the Fernie office (duration of contract will be negotiated depending on applicants availability & contract needs). The successful candidate should look to have relevant experience and qualifications which align with the roles and responsibilities outlined below.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Inventory and Control (herbicide application) of invasive plants
• Select and implement appropriate management and control practices on sites.
• Mapping inventory of invasive plants
• Collection of digital treatment/inventory data
• Filling out daily safety documents and inspections
• Adhering to Company/Client Policies and safe working procedures
• Communication with Project manager and clients
• Assist in inspections of noxious plant problem areas before and after herbicide treatments;
• Safe Handling, Storing and disposing of herbicides in accordance with provincial regulations.
• Train and assist other employees on best management practices for herbicide application, and proper use of equipment and safety procedures.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
· Industrial Vegetation & Noxious Weed Control Pesticide Applicator Certification
· Assistant Applicator Certification
· Native and Invasive plant Identification skills
· OFA Level 1
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
· ATV/UTV Certification considered an asset
· Software/applications/maps – IPAD, reading maps and digital data entry.
Nupqu offers highly competitive wages and benefit packages. Please submit your cover letter and resume marked “Invasive Plant Control Technicians – Confidential” to Pamela Way, our Human Resource Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 31, 2023, 4:30pm MST
Thank you to all those applicants that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com